At MAVERICK Technologies, we provide a broad range of offerings, including benefit packages, training programs, continuing education support and other opportunities. All offerings are provided to help our employees grow on a personal and professional level and to enrich their overall well-being.
Benefits & Incentives
MAVERICK Technologies offers comprehensive benefits with many options. This allows employees to build the best benefit package that fits their individual needs. We promote employee wellness through education and an annual health screening free of charge. Employees who complete the screening have lower health care premiums.
Package highlights include:
- Medical and prescription — Your choice of two plans:
- PPO with deductible and co-pays
- HCA with high deductible and company-funded health care account
- Dental — Includes a basic benefit plan for preventive services and a comprehensive plan for major services and orthodontia care
- Vision — Glasses, contacts, discounted Lasik surgery
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) — Health care and dependent care accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability — Company paid
- Basic life insurance — Company paid
- Optional life insurance — Additional coverage for you, your spouse and your children at group discounted rates
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off (PTO) — Allows flexibility to take time off throughout the year; amount earned grows over time
- Paid holidays — A total of 13 paid holidays throughout the year, which includes floating holidays based on your individual preferences
In addition to a variety of pay-based incentives, a healthy work-life balance is something we believe is crucial to success. We make every effort to protect that parity, as indicated by our employee engagement surveys and Great Rated! review.
- Flexibility — Flexible hours and work locations (Of course, while working on projects, we work within our customer’s requirements.)
- Casual work environment — Casual dress in our offices (On a customer site, we follow their requirements and dress code.)
- Potential for merit awards based on performance
- Additional bonus programs available depending on role
- Comp time accrual and additional pay opportunities while working on projects
- MAVERICK University® — Internal professional development program to help build a successful career
- MDLIVE-Telephonic assistance — Talk to a doctor anytime, anywhere
- Travel assistance 24-hour resource
- Employee assistance program (EAP) — Crisis counseling plus information and support for work-life balance
- Tuition assistance — Tuition reimbursement available for continuing education
- Summer and holiday office events
- Corporate discounts (may vary by location)
- Matching gifts – Double your contribution to any accredited school (K-12), post-secondary educational institution, educational foundation or arts and culture organization.
Flex Retirement Program
MAVERICK Technologies’ Flex Retirement Program offers the best of both worlds for new hires who are planning to retire but still want to be a part of a dynamic team and for existing MAVERICK employees who are planning to retire or are already newly retired.
As a flex retiree, you’ll be a valued part of our workforce, bringing expertise and skill to the projects our engineers face every day. Flexible work arrangements allow you to keep your skills sharp while transitioning gradually toward retirement. And with available employer-sponsored health care benefits, you can rest assured knowing you’ll be prepared for whatever lies ahead.
To be eligible for the MAVERICK flex retirement program, candidates must:
- Be at least 55 years old
- Meet all qualifications for their desired position
- Successfully complete the full interview process and background checks
Flex retirees can choose one of the two plans below that best fits their needs.
Plan One: Formal
- Choice of 30 or 32-hour work week
- Regular employee benefits, including insurance, paid time off, holidays and a 401(k) plan
- Apply here!
Plan Two: Informal
- Project-based, no set time commitment per week
- No employee benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Apply here!
Program Manager, Houston
I joined MAVERICK in 2013 after 20+ years in chemical industry manufacturing and 3 years with another engineering company. I’ve never felt more valued as an employee than during my time here. Everyone has the best interest of the company and our customers in mind, which makes for an extremely rewarding work environment. In 2016, I entered into the Flex Retirement Program, which allows me to work 30 hours per week with full benefits. This has been a great way to try a different work/life balance without the shock of full retirement. I will definitely finish my career with MAVERICK.