All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.
– Albert Einstein – German-born Nobel Prize-winning physicist
MAVERICK is committed to employee development and professional growth. To help our employees reach their full potential, both personally and professionally, MAVERICK offers:
- Challenging assignments
- Empowerment through new responsibilities
- Tuition reimbursement and assistance with professional certifications
- Diverse projects, technologies, industries, challenges and experiences
- Employee surveys and other opportunities to help make a difference
- Automation Orientation
- MAVERICK University® programs
We care about what our employees think. In fact, our Workforce Development Team was established for this very purpose. The team is dedicated to the development and growth of our talented employees throughout their careers. We regularly solicit employee feedback on presentations, meetings and events through anonymous surveys. The Workforce Development Team uses this information to help us:
- Position MAVERICK as the industry thought leader
- Position our employees as a long-term competitive advantage
- Retain employees
- Improve utilization of our resources
- Align core competencies with our culture, mission and values
- Define and cultivate career paths
We offer a comprehensive onboarding program that starts the moment a new employee is hired. We developed it based on continuous employee feedback to help integrate employees into MAVERICK more quickly. This approach allows new employees to get the most effective onboarding experience. It expands beyond a traditional orientation to provide a richer experience to better engage our employees through their first 90 days.
Our onboarding program is a standardized method of providing training and resources to new employees. It aligns expectations and engages new MAVERICK employees through learning and development opportunities, just-in-time training and various teaching styles designed to reach everyone.
We use peers as mentors, which develops leadership skills in our staff and provides reliable resources for our new hires — both during and after the first 90 days.
Training programs are built into onboarding and include sessions on policies, benefits, safety and core competencies.