Asset performance can make or break your operation, so understanding how your assets are performing while constantly improving their operation is critical to your success.
So ask yourself, what is the baseline for acceptable performance, asset by asset? Are the assets underutilized, or are you pushing too hard? Do you understand how different materials, products and processes impact asset performance? Do you understand your assets’ energy consumption characteristics? Which assets need more maintenance, and where are you wasting effort with upkeep that is done too frequently?
Answering these and other questions depends on understanding historical and real-time asset performance.
The professionals at MAVERICK Technologies® can help your manufacturing operation optimize asset performance by delivering solutions to make critical performance data available, and by providing the analytical capability to turn the data into actionable information.
We really needed advice from a partner who understands our manufacturing process, and we got it from MAVERICK.
— High-Tech Manufacturing
Areas of focus for improving asset performance include:
We provide complete technical and engineering field services, ensuring NIST traceability and / or FDA compliance as needed for on-site instrument calibration.
- Are you capturing performance data?
- Is the right data being captured at the right frequency and granularity to enable effective analytics?
- Is the data captured in a secure repository?
- Is the right data available to the analytical people in your organization who can use it to improve your asset performance, and ultimately your business outcomes?
- Have you established performance baselines for critical variables?
- Do you measure those variables against the baselines?
- Do you know how to capture this data in time to make it impactful?
- Have you considered using a metric like overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) to measure the efficiency of your operation and assets?
- Are you using key performance indicator (KPI) dashboards to give visibility to how well or how badly your assets are performing?
- Do your maintenance requirements schedule you, or do you schedule them?
- Are you spending too much or too little time and effort on asset maintenance?
- Have you considered moving to a condition-based preventive maintenance operation?
- Do you have the information you need to achieve predictive maintenance maturity?
- Do you have the data infrastructure in place to support analytical methods, such as root cause, pattern-recognition and other types?
- Have you looked at the latest machine learning-enabled technologies?
- Do you create more advanced performance baselines using metrics such as OEE?
The experts at MAVERICK have years of experience and are ready to help you and your team answer these questions. We can help you optimize performance and decrease downtime while managing maintenance activities and bringing costs under better control.
Contact us for a holistic, platform-independent view and analysis, and start getting the gains you need to stay competitive.