Large-Scale Project Execution
Major multimillion-dollar greenfield and brownfield projects can be daunting, especially when in-house resources are already overwhelmed handling daily operational tasks and facing budget and scheduling constraints. Facility owners often defer much of the engineering to equipment suppliers and / or engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) firms, whose focus tends to be on the much larger civil, design, mechanical, electrical and structural scope of the project and not so much on automation and controls.
Conflicts of interest can arise if the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of your automation system also designs it. New systems may not interface with existing legacy equipment or don’t communicate properly with field devices. These incompatibility issues can result in changes being made later in the project, adding significant costs and delays. Any large project requires an enormous amount of work, and the risks can be high without the right team of experts and proper planning.
- How do you know who is the best partner to contribute to your project success?
- How do you determine who does what and who can collaborate and coordinate with all the stakeholders?
- Who will help interface your control systems to the field devices with the least interruption, downtime and expense?
- Who truly understands your business and has the bandwidth and domain expertise to effectively and efficiently keep operations optimized?
As an automation owner’s representative, MAVERICK Technologies is standing by with its multidiscipline, highly qualified and dedicated team of engineering experts, automation specialists, consultants and IT professionals who provide a holistic approach to people, processes and technology. We collaborate and work with the owner and all key stakeholders (e.g., EPCs, OEMs and third-party suppliers) providing unbiased platform-independent automation and process control expertise. We offer the certifications and industry-specific knowledge needed to get a large-scale project done right.
MAVERICK brings decades of proven best practices and capabilities. We can look at your entire operation from a complete business perspective — from the plant floor to the boardroom — to maximize your total investment and return on capital expenditures. We handle all project management requirements – from upfront planning and execution to commissioning and startup to sustaining services.
Using our low-risk Project Complete® execution methodology and OpCon Advantage solution, MAVERICK provides consistent best practices to ensure management of change and workflow procedures for meeting critical objectives. These standards help to keep project tasks within your established scope, schedule, and budget, as well as quality and risk management requirements.
As part of this best practice approach, our project managers oversee definition, design, development, deployment, direction and documentation services to ensure the successful completion of every large-scale project. Each phase of project execution and implementation includes appropriate gating processes with design reviews, planned testing, independent quality verification and documented corrective actions.
- Define a logical, incremental approach to solving your business problem
- Develop a solution roadmap with estimated costs and benefits
- Ensure compliance with standards and regulatory bodies, such as OSHA, MSHA, ISA, IEC, FDA, GMP, EPA, and more
- Assess existing and planned network infrastructure, distributed control systems (DCSs) and manufacturing execution systems (MES) with an emphasis on security
- Perform front-end loading (FEL) and front-end engineering and design (FEED)
- Develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and I/O lists
- Develop DCS equipment and configuration requirements
- Ensure compliance with MAVERICK and industry quality and safety certifications (e.g., PMP, TÜV FSEng)
- Program and configure instrumentation and control systems as defined during the engineering phase of process automation, such as DCS and programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Integrate third-party systems
- Provide design, engineering and troubleshooting expertise, including electrical and instrumentation, DCS, PLC, human-machine interface (HMI) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) implementations; I/O point configuration; advanced process control; and control and business networks
- Plan and execute hardware factory acceptance test (FAT) and site acceptance test (SAT)
- Provide startup / commissioning / construction management support and services, including project
- Apply work process management (WPM) tools to help personnel with critical procedures and tasks
- Leverage the latest in MES / manufacturing operations management (MOM) strategies and technologies
- Offer 24/7/365 remote network and system monitoring and support