Energy optimization and utility usage reductions are key to increasing manufacturing profitability and supporting sustainability initiatives. In virtually every industry, energy utilities account for a high percentage of the monthly operating expense. If your facility is a heavy energy consumer or generates its own steam or electricity, you probably feel enormous pressure to reduce costs by making your manufacturing process more energy-efficient. MAVERICK Technologies® can help identify areas of suboptimal energy efficiency and outline changes in practices, process or technology that will enable improvement – and then we will help you implement those changes so you will recognize an immediate return on investment (ROI).
We provide comprehensive energy optimization consulting — including energy industry management services and energy engineering consulting — as part of our OpCon Advantage service offering. We identify opportunities for energy optimization during the manufacturing process and help you act on them. With years of experience in industrial energy efficiency, we have proven our ability to deliver energy cost reductions for our manufacturing clients.
- Evaluate your energy usage and opportunities for utility cost reductions through an energy efficiency study, which includes:
- Onsite energy optimization evaluation — We’ll review the way your manufacturing systems are operated and maintained. The process involves direct observation and interviews with operating and maintenance staff to understand how the facility operates on a daily basis. Then we’ll review the operating data to understand how much energy your facility uses weekly, monthly and annually.
- Inspection — Our team will inspect your systems and review available documentation to determine adequacy of instrumentation, operating efficiency, controllability and reliability.
- Testing — We’ll utilize available historical operating data and conduct testing as needed to determine energy efficiencies and the actual flow of purchased / generated thermal and electric energy throughout your facility.
- Calculation and cost analysis — We’ll analyze the collected data and determine which energy optimization modifications will help save you money, and how much.
- Documentation — You will receive a report containing a summary of our findings, a detailed cost-benefits analysis and all of MAVERICK’s expert short- and long-term recommendations for specific improvements that will reduce your energy costs and make your manufacturing process more energy efficient.
- Energy efficiency change implementation — MAVERICK stands ready, willing and able to partner with you as your agent for change, implementing fixed-price projects that accomplish any or all of the recommendations in the energy optimization report.
- Optimize steam generation, electric power generation and cogeneration energy processes
- Optimize refrigeration (chilled media) generation, distribution and utilization
- Improve the use of waste heat recovery
- Optimize instrument air and service air generation, distribution and utilization
- Apply real-time calorimetry and heat rate monitoring in BTU / unit of production for improved industrial energy efficiency
- Study the cost of generating power in-house versus purchasing it
- Optimize the use of thermal heat sinks such as cooling towers, lakes and reservoirs
- Minimize your carbon footprint through industrial energy reduction
Energy Efficiency Consulting Expertise
Think of how much you currently spend on utilities. Then imagine reducing this amount by 5 percent. Or 10 percent. Or even 20 percent. MAVERICK’s energy efficiency consulting services make it possible through a proven methodology. Regardless of which industry you work in, we can help you improve your overall energy efficiency, reduce your operating costs and experience a fast payback. Optimizing energy usage is not only a more responsible way to operate your business, but it will improve your profitability and set you apart in the marketplace.